Biography Bio Monika Barth
• Worked as a theater actress all over Germany, Austria and
• In addition achieved a medical degree and worked three years as a medical doctor in Hamburg.
• worked for TV, movies and broadcast productions.
• Started photographic experiences in 2008 while travelling in Cuba, extended travels on different continents.
• First exhibitions at public places and museums in home county.
• Masterclass at the Mannheim MAGNUM Photofestival with Chris Steele Perkins.
• First work on a social issue in black and white, published as a show during the festival an das a Magnum book.
Seminars with Wolfgang Zurborn, Lichtblick School,Köln.
• Invitation to show portfolio at the Deutsche Photographische
Akademie 2015 in Deichtorhallen.(and 2018)
2016 workshop with Anders Petersen in Paris,
2017 with Donna Ferrato in Los Angeles
2017 November Solo Exhibition at "Le Ballon Rouge, Galérie d'Art" with 3 series at PARIS, Marais
Book release "MONA L." ,selfpubished
handmade photobook "BEYOND BOUNDARIES"
2018 Shortlist KOLGA TIBLISI AWARD
Masterclass Antoine d'Agata
Exhibition and book presentation "MONA L."
Bronze: "MONA L." Deutscher Fotobuchpreis 2018/19
2020 Shortlist KOLGA TBILISI AWARD: LA LUNGA STRADA
Expedition Tropic Rainforest South America
2020 LA LUNGA STRADA - ARTIST- PHOTOBOOK
published @KEHRERverlag Heidelberg
2020/22 several solo- and group exhibitions in and around
Member of Freelens und VG Bildkunst